Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Finishing Strong

This morning started off a bit rough due to a little someone who did not exactly let his mommy, or daddy for that matter, get a lot of sleep last night.  He is on this pattern where he will go down for bed and sleep anywhere between 3-4 hours, usually 4, but the rest of the night he gets up every 1 1/2 -3 hours later.  Let's just say that this does not make for good sleep for the mommy and last night was definitely one of those nights.  He also thinks it's fun after his last feeding in the early hours of the morning to not go back to sleep easily if at all.  This morning was no exception and at around 5:00-5:30 someone decided they had didn't want to go back to sleep.  I ended up having to call in reinforcements and David came to my rescue and stepped in to try to get him to go back to sleep.  I felt like I barely got my eyes closed before the alarm was going off to get Caleb up and ready for school.  I'm so glad that he was in a great mood this morning and apparently had been up since 6:30 and was playing contently in his room.  He did a great job of getting ready for school without any hassles which was a huge help as I was barely functioning.

Later in the day David suggested we get out of the house for a little while, he's off work this week, and go to the WalMart Associate Store and Gordman's.  I realized later in the day I don't think I have been out of the house since Sunday.  It must have been the right medicine we all needed because we all perked up and had a great time out together. 

Right before we left I decided to see what Joshua thought of the Baby Bjorn.  Caleb wasn't much of a fan when he was little but Joshua loved it and it definitely made our outing that much nicer as he snuggled right into me and slept soundly while we were out and about.

David was super sweet and when I asked him why he wanted to go to Gordman's he said he thought I might want to look at the Halloween decor.  That boy knows me so well :-).  While for some ladies it's flowers, others it's jewelry for me he knows one of the ways to my heart is holiday decor so here are the fun little treats that made there way home with me today (the candy dish is from the Associate Store but Sam's also currently has them and the other items are from Gordman's.)

To finish the night off I decided to make some No Bake Cookies, haven't made these in forever, probably not the best idea as I coud eat the whole batch myself.
Here's hoping that Joshua sleeps great tonight and that we can all get a little shut eye.

1 comment:

Kimberley said...

sorry to hear you're not getting much sleep, i know that can wear you down. i pray little joshua begins to sleep better soon! but look at you blogging anyway :)

kris and i went to the sample store this morning too, and i saw those halloween candy bowls. i picked it up, but put it back, now that i see yours, i might have to go back and see if there's any left :)