Thursday, April 17, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

Looks like I've been "tagged" by Mary Jo.

Here are 7 random things about me:

1. I played 2nd base on the guys baseball team my Sr. year of High School, granted I didn't go to a very big school but I still think it's pretty neat. I wasn't the best hitter but I was pretty decent in the field. It worked out pretty good that one of the guys on the team wasn't very good defensively so he would often come in as a DH for me.

2. I love kids school supplies. Even though I'm no longer in school I love to go up and down the aisle and come up with any excuse to buy a new notebook, folder or even a box of crayons. I originally thought about going into elementary education before making the decision to get my Human Resource Management degree.

3. One of David's and my favorite date nights is Thursday night shows, Great Value brand chocolate chip cookies (the slice and bake kind) and a thin crust 1/2 pepperoni and green olives, 1/2 sausage and black olives pizza.

4. Like Dallas I also secretly enjoy America's Next Top Model. I'm not really sure when new episodes come on so I end up mostly watching re-runs of the same cycle over and over again.

5. I use to take piano lessons when I was younger. I unfortunately haven't played in several years so I'm not sure I even still have the hand eye coordination to play. I really wish I was like David and could play by ear but unfortunately I am tied to the sheet music. I really should dust off the old keys and get back into playing. This will be something neat to teach Caleb later on.

6. I LOVE children's books. This will probably be a bit of a weakness for me with Caleb. We already have a nice start of Dr. Seuss books for him. One of my favorite kid's books right now is Max Lucado's "You Are Special". I also love ones that I read when I was younger like "Ferdinand the Bull", "The Five Chinese Brothers", "All about Corduroy", "The Fire Cat", etc.

7. Along the same line as number 6 I like the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. My 2nd grade teacher use to read these to us. It was one of those things that the kids always expected. She always read the Laura Wilder Ingalls books to her class and the 5th grade teacher would read Judy Blume books. For my birthday David bought me the box set of the first 5 LIW books.

Here are the rules:
--Link to the person who tagged you.
--Post the rules in your blog entry.
--Share 7 random, or weird, facts about yourself.
--Tag 7 random people at the end of the post, linking to them.
--Leave a comment on their blog so that they know they’ve been tagged.

You are suppose to tag 7 other people but unfortunately most of my blogger friends have already been tagged.

I tag:
Krista
Dallas

No comments: