Monday, February 4, 2008

Working 9 to 5.....(well more like 8 to 5)

Yuck! The dreaded day finally arrived and I had to go back to work today. I did pretty good and only had a few minor breakdowns but I am definitely glad to be home and able to squeeze my little boy. The day went by pretty fast due to meetings and catching up on 12 weeks worth of unread email. I am definitely exhausted both mentally and physically. In some ways I feel like I have started a new job and can't believe how much I've forgotten, including the login and password to my computer. I'm sure in no time flat I will get back into the swing of things but today just seemed a little odd.

I definitely felt like a mommy today and can no longer just jump up out of bed 30 minutes before time to be at work. It's a whole new morning routine now between trying to get myself ready, feed Caleb, get him ready, drop him off at David's parents and get to work.

It's also a whole new world trying to fit in pumping at work around phone calls, email, meetings, etc. I'm really glad that they added a "Mother's Room" to our office. They recently did some remodeling where I work and this was one of the new additions they added.

It was also really nice to come home from work today and know that I didn't have to fix dinner. I have to give a little shout out to Dallas. We really appreciated you bringing dinner over and thought everything tasted great. I also came home to a freshly vacuumed living room , a clean kitchen and flowers....thanks David!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first week is the hardest. I remember dropping Bella off at Kristy Browns' and sitting in the car sobbing.
Now with 2 I am running into the hospital for a little adult converstation.

Dallas said...

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it! And way to go David...husband of the year!