Sunday, February 13, 2011

Snow, Snow and More Snow

To say we have received some snow recently would be a bit of an understatement as we have received a TON of snow!




(these icicles aren't from the last big snow we received but were from the week before this last snow)
While I think a lot of people are tired of all the snow and experienced a bit of cabin fever I personally have loved it and say if it's going to snow it might as well dump on us like it did this past week.
David and I have been fortunate to be able to work from home some and set up our home office in the kitchen while Caleb got run of the house and got to watch a lot of tv in effort to keep him occupied while we worked.
I don't know what it is but there is nothing quite like a snow day and we have enjoyed our time together.

We enjoyed some yummy food like taco soup.....
potato soup......
and made snow ice cream for the first time. My mom says that I have had it before but I don't recall eating it. This was the first time that Caleb has had it and it appeared to be a hit and will definitely be something we do again.

We had a great time getting out and playing in the snow and even got a little exercise shoveling some of our driveway. Caleb loved being outside and I think ate his weight in snow.







We also took in some time to enjoy a nap or two.


I took lunch upstairs to David and Caleb one day and asked David where Caleb was and he said he was playing a racing game (he loves watching the cars crash). When I went around the couch to let him know I had brought lunch up this is how I found him....
Yesterday the boys got out and made a snowman together. Caleb was really excited to find out they were going to build a snowman but I think David ended up being the one that put it together while Caleb hung out and supervised. Unfortunately by the end of the day our snowman was already leaning sideways as the temperatures had started warming up.



While the snow has been great I will admit I'm now ready for Spring and can't wait for some warmer temperatures.

No comments: