Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter

I love this time of year! I love the surprise of seeing flowers pop up that I forgot I planted in the fall, seeing the trees bud, watching newborn calves play in the field and it staying light longer. I also enjoy the traditions of Easter like coloring eggs, singing 'Here comes Peter Cottontail' or at least the few words of it that I remember, hiding eggs for my nieces and nephew, Easter baskets and the traditional ham dinner.
We decided to skip coloring eggs this year with Caleb but the Easter Bunny did come to visit and brought him a basket filled with eggs, the book 'Peter Rabbit' and a chocolate Easter bunny (toy vs. candy) . We had a good time hanging out at my grandma's and enjoyed spending time with my brother and his family. My nieces and nephew were a lot of fun and loved hunting eggs even though it was a bit chilly outside. Caleb didn't really get into hunting eggs but he liked being outside for a few minutes and Caitlin and Sierra found a couple of eggs for him and put in his basket and told me they were for "baby Caleb".

No comments: