Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas The Night Before Christmas....

The stockings are hung, the gifts are under the tree and cookies and milk have been left for Santa and a carrot left for Rudolph. I can't believe that this is Caleb's first Christmas! It's amazing to think how Christmas will be different from here on out. It will be neat to see what family traditions that we develop that Caleb will look back on when he is older. I remember some of the ones we had at Christmas time: leaving cookies and milk for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph, leaving the lights plugged in on the Christmas tree all night long on Christmas Eve (David and I both grew up doing this and started it as our own family tradition when we got married), opening your stocking first on Christmas morning before opening your presents, and opening one gift on Christmas Eve (we only did this one when we were younger). I let Santa know not to get real crazy with gifts this year for Caleb since he is so little but Santa did tell me that he would be bringing him some Dr. Seuss books and a couple of Sleepers.

We thought it would be neat to have Caleb's first Christmas morning at our house so my Mom and David's parents are spending the night so that we can wake up and have Christmas here before we are off on our various stops for the day. I think I have finished everything for the night and am off to bed so Santa can come. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: